Monday, June 2, 2014

Meet the Team; Team Leader, Katharine Veron!


Get to know our Team Leader Katharine Veron! ( As told by, Katharine Veron )

- I was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana into a big, Cajun, Catholic family. I have 1 younger brother, Dylan, an older brother, John, an older step-sister, Amy, and an older step-brother, Shane. I've got four nephews: Harrison, Aidan, Brennan, and Connor, and I've got one niece, Camille. There's not much to say about Lake Charles other than the fact that I miss the food, the culture, the football, and Mardi Gras terribly. Louisiana is a beautiful place, and I can't wait to own a home on St Charles Avenue in New Orleans. 

- I went to St. Louis Catholic High School, where I played soccer and was a cheerleader. Cheerleading was my favorite thing about my high school experience. We took it very seriously and competed on a national level, but cheering at football games was the most fun! 

- My first job was as a server at Buffalo Wild Wings in Lake Charles. I think I was 17.

- I went to college at Millsaps College in Jackson, MS where I majored in Anthropology. There, Dr. George Bey became my mentor and completely changed my life. He took me to Europe as his research assistant in the summer of 2009, and then I went to Yucatan in the summer of 2010 where I excavated Mayan ruins on a private, bio-cultural reserve in the jungle. I slept in a hammock for 6 weeks and my showers were from rainwater runoff. I found my bliss there and decided that my calling was Mayan archaeology. :)

- In my free time, I read, write, paint, spend time outside hiking, biking, playing frisbee, and soaking up sunshine. I love to travel and explore new places and to learn new things. 

- I had never considered a career in our field until after I started at Peak-Incorporated. I was really just taking a chance at bettering myself in any way that I could. I knew that I wanted to travel, to get my PhD and eventually teach archaeology, to expand my knowledge of the world, and to achieve the luxury of freedom to accomplish these things, but I had no idea how to make these things happen. I just never accepted that my dreams were beyond my reach. And when I found Peak, I realized that I had found a way to make it all happen for myself. That is, Peak has created the opportunity for me to achieve everything I've ever wanted out of life by teaching me invaluable skill sets that I can use and transfer anywhere. 

- My journey at Peak began at the end of October of 2013. I have been promoted twice since then, due to my work ethic, student mentality, and the incredible support system I have in the team. The relationships I have with my fellow team members have been invaluable to my growth. I can honestly say that I've never worked in an environment where my co-workers were genuinely invested in my growth, nor have I ever been lucky enough to be surrounded by such motivated and inspiring people on a daily basis. 

-My progression throughout the company has been incredible. I've achieved things I never thought possible and have grown in ways that I couldn't have imagined. I've learned that I have limitless potential as long as I'm willing to step up to be challenged. 

- My goal at peak is to be promoted into management by the end of this year. 

- My ultimate goal is to retire from this business by 45, after having passed the opportunity on to many others, so that I can get my phd and go explore the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment